Monday, April 8, 2013

Pirate cooking

There's something to be said for working in... "Less stringent" kitchens. My part time job, for example. The food is much better than I anticipated. However, because it is a cigar lounge, there is very little actual work to do in the kitchen. Just found out today the only reason they even have a kitchen was because they needed one for their liquor license.

What does that mean for me? It means I am given money to sit on my ass for 8hrs a shift. Hell, yesterday was my second day of training and all my boss and I did was eat cheese and kill a bottle of wine. Then subsequently mourn the fact we didn't have another. Tonight, we're having tuna tartar. It's a blessing in disguise- on the one hand, I'm not learning a thing. But I still get a few days relaxation, good food, and motivation to get my ass out of bed. I need those. Plus my boss and I get along great, so I can see myself sticking around for a while. Good things! And thank god I didn't have a job like this when I was younger- my career would have been FUCKED. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment