Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Know-It-All?

It's weird, how you can listen to someone and lose respect for them. Going out with coworkers, our sous chef came with us. She is an abrasive personality when sober, but she has taught me quite a bit. At the same time, now I've got to hear her outside of work. So now it's a mystery- how does someone with so little respect for people in general get and keep her job? Seriously, she talks trash about EVERYONE, including Chef. I'm not saying I'd follow the guy off of a cliff, but based on the positive reception he's been getting for a steady 3 years now? He's obviously not an idiot. So I'm confused- why does she bother staying?

She says she wants her own place one day. I have a morbid curiosity as to a; whether she'll actually get her own place; and b; if it'll last? She just doesn't seem to get the fact that she could possibly have other shit to learn. It's a weird to watch. And sad- because while I'll still listen to her to an extent, I will never bother trying to learn anything from her anymore. Empathy is too important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment