Sunday, April 14, 2013

WWID? (What Will I Do?)

Days like today I get restless. It's rainy and gross, and the kitchen at the lounge is excruciatingly slow. My mind wanders, and I wind up thinking about everything from Anne Frank to my future. Whatever lies ahead vis-a-vis J and I aside, I am planning on opening a pub of my own. A German-style affair, but not the kitschy Oktoberfest nonsense most people think of. I desperately want to make this idea come to fruition, and I have most of the details planned for. Currently, the only things holding me back are financing the beast, and myself thinking there's still something I need to learn. Like some sort of entrepreneurial secret I haven't unlocked yet. I can't figure out what, though... I know about the myriad of licenses, fees, trademarking, costs, Point-of-sale machines, scheduling, how to cook, and that I don't know nearly enough about payroll so I should probably hire someone else to do that. I learned about inventory and invoices through retail, too. From an intellectual standpoint, I've got this in the bag.

However, I am purposefully holding back from seeking finances to learn... Something. What could I possibly be waiting for? Really, I should work on finding people to back me so I can just... Start. Leap in. Lots of chef-owner memoirs I've read have said that ignorance starting out was their greatest strength. But am I too informed at this point? Maybe my stalling is merely fear manifesting itself in a way I'm not understanding. Hm. I should start networking a bit more, meet some people who could help me get more motivated...


So, Internet, if you know anyone with a few thousand bucks to loan out, lemme know, k? Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment