Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Free Time Crazies

I am probably the very definition of a workaholic, and this ridiculously cold "spring" weather is not helping with my free time crazy.

For the record, I despise free time. That is not the same as days off, mind you. Free time is the absence of anything necessary, useful, or engaging for me to do. Days off are generally well-earned days off of work that I may use to accomplish errands, hang out with friends, or travel. I love days off. I can't handle free time. I get antsy, think too much, and sink into an incredibly low, foul mood. It gets worse when I can't go outside and enjoy the weather.

Work keeps me feeling sane. When I'm at work, I am required to focus on what I'm doing and how well I'm doing it- there's no time to worry about the inconsequential bullshit that would hound me otherwise.

Today, Atlanta got flurries. Of snow. I was miserable all morning until I had to go to work. Being there felt so much better! Now that the night is over, I feel calmer. Almost peaceful. I just hope I can find something to do with my free time tomorrow, oi.

No comments:

Post a Comment