Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Words and Weirdness

I've noticed I have the weirdest habit. Usually, I only do it when I'm speaking with people, but I've noticed it's started to carry into my writing. Occasionally, when I'm listening to various accents, they'll creep into my own speech; and while you can't necessarily "hear" accents on a page, the vocabulary used can certainly infer different moods and vocalizations. For example, I am watching 'Ms. Pettigrew Lives For A Day' while I write, and while I'm not typing in 1930's British slang, I can see myself using more formal language, and I'm thinking in a distinctly British accent.

So if you notice any difference, it's guaranteed that's due to whatever I'm listening to. I can't write without background noise, but it definitely leaves it's own mark! Cheers~

No comments:

Post a Comment