Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Noshing

Grocery shopping has definitely changed for me lately! Used to be I couldn't go to the store without getting every processed, fatty, sugared, salted, greasy thing I could get my twiggy little fingers on. And don't get me wrong, I'm still happiest when I can sit around and munch on Hormel pepperoni slices. But this evening, after getting overly hormonal and hungry, I popped out to the store.

Roaming the store, I couldn't find anything I wanted to snack on more than vegetables and ridiculous stuff like that. :) I guess this is a side effect of the kitchen I've wound up in- Chef has a very seasonal farm-to-table operation, and there are a plethora of veggies kept on the line. All night long, I'll snack on the errant carrot or 2 (or 5), radishes, and feta cheese; my body's so used to it now it actually craves them. Which works out, as I usually go to a local farmer's market for produce on the hella cheap.

...Or I could just be full of crap with that last theory- a pint of cookie dough ice cream and beer have been my bosom buddies tonight. Cheers~

No comments:

Post a Comment