Thursday, November 13, 2014

Mt. Everest

I am insane. That is the only explanation. Tomorrow is my last day at the brewpub I was farting around at, and Saturday is my first full day as "chef".

Literally.

Full day.

As in, today being my first day off training, and knowing that we are losing a cook at the new job Sunday, I took it upon myself to make a first draft of the schedule for next week.

I also learned today that the restaurant owners are Nepalese Sherpas. That have climbed Everest. Twice.

You know what else I learned? In order for my schedule to be what any other businesses consider normal full time, I need 2 more cooks. Otherwise? I am looking at.... oh, 70+ hours a week. I'm scheduled to come in at 3 on Saturday. For us to be properly prepared? I am getting my ass in there at least at 1pm. Probably earlier. I will have to be Nepalese Sherpa strong for the next few weeks. Now, on the plus side, I will be making goddamn bank. But there is being prepared for something, and then being pummeled with reality. Can I do this? Absolutely. No problem. Without question. Will I be OK?

...Well, right now I'm just going to relish the serenity of this quiet night, and silently apologize to my body and liver for the hell it is about to endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment