Thursday, May 9, 2013

Up In Smoke (hedging on NSFW)

Cigars inspire all kinds of thoughts for me. To date, I have only smoked 2 in my life- one back when I graduated high school, a Swisher Sweet my buddy Josh gave me; and most recently a Henry Clay I acquired. For starters, the Henry Clay is probably the only proper one of the two, but I have fond memories of the Swisher. Second, I know damn near nothing about cigars. Like for instance, are they supposed to make you feel high? Because holy crap, the Henry made me feel fucking amazing. Not something I'll do on a regular basis, but I can see why new dads were traditionally given one as a congratulatory deal- it chilled me the crap out.

However, the whole practice raises other questions. Mainly, cigars are supposed to be this whole macho deal, right? Smoked by manly men from the Godfather to Winston Churchill, right? Well, do guys get that it is exceptionally phallic-looking? Guys who would otherwise be happily homophobic can be found sucking happily on (sorry, Mom!) the equivalent of a dick. You can't even justify it as compensation for what a man may or may not have lurking in his trousers. After all, what straight male would suck on something that reminds him of his package?

On the flip side, why don't women smoke more cigars? Many of my more open, liberal friends will admit to enjoy going down on guys. Well, why wouldn't they get similar enjoyment from cigars? I mean, to be frank, the sensation is way more enjoyable and WAY less messy. Doesn't make aaaany sense to me. Yeah, this is the crap I think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment