Sunday, May 10, 2015

Career moves

I've been stuck in a bit of a rut lately, trying to come up with what to write about. I have been working more, gearing up for the Atlanta Food and Wine Festival. I love this festival, go every year! And thanks to the TimeHop app, I'm getting nice little reminders of what I was doing last year at this time. Last year, I had just received my internship in Sonoma. I had a boyfriend, too many animals, constant stress, and only the vaguest idea of what I wanted my future to be. Now?

I'm actually happier. Ish. To an extent. It's probably better to say I'm more driven, certainly. I'm single, very very single, but I'm happy with that. I get to spend time with my best friend, my dog, and eat tacos on the beach. And for once? I have a 10 year plan. I'm back to the sassy broad I was in high school, and it's great. And I have been getting more jazzed about my future than ever before. I'm seeing friends getting to do incredible things with their careers, and I have some awesome opportunities coming up for myself! I've been happy cooking at home, and I cannot wait to work the festival and try all of the amazing southern food I miss so much! And the people I'll get to meet? I am mentally doing cartwheels!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment