Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Saturday Spirits and Serendipity

Wow. I have been totally blown away these past couple days. Saturday evening, I got finished with work and sat down at the bar for a post-shift drink. I can't remember what had irked me a bit, but something convinced me to go for whiskey that day. I think my coworker had been slacking or something. Anyway, there was this guy at the bar, and we just hit it off. It was like talking to a male version of myself. It was fascinating! We even discovered we were both former Marine Corps Brats- born and raised in military families, and got the hell out of that lifestyle as fast as we were able! We spent a solid 10 minutes laughing over our parents' disciplinary styles. As the time ticked by, I found I didn't want to stop hanging out with him. So I decided to invite him to join me at the tequila place next door.

The chemistry just intensified from there. We wolfed down guacamole and jalapeno mezcal margaritas, then I introduced him to my favorite coffee shop/bar. We bonded over bourbon cocktails and beer ice cream, and I decided to just say fuck it and invited him to join me at the Jameson Bartender's Ball.

Fast forward to last night- dude was a total gentleman. Arrived on time, opened doors, and get this- BROUGHT ME FLOWERS. I have never felt so special, or connected with someone who was actually single so well. He even thinks my restaurant is a cool idea. We're going out again Saturday, and I couldn't be more excited. Plus? His kitchen is amazeballs. Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment